Saturday, November 26, 2011

Is Love Waiting For You




     As I did my daily routine of running through the creek behind my house one sunny fourth of July last year, I was looking in awe at the fallen trees, and the weeds that some people would argue are flowers, and smelling the water in the creek (that I know comes from the sewers), when a bird pooed on my head. I thought “oh well” just another ordinary day. As I ran along, I bumped into a acquaintance of mine that I will call Stinky and please don't ask why I call him that, I think it should not be a mystery to you. As we walked, I mentioned to him that a bird had done its business on the top of my head, and he replied “where is that tree you were walking under, its good luck”. If I had thought for one minute that it was good luck I would have rolled in it, (as you may have figured Stinky really doesn’t have much of a social life, but then again, neither do I).

         Our biggest problem is communicating with the opposite sex. Stinky can usually make a few vowel sounds, then he has to go away. I’m a little more relaxed since I work with mostly women anyway. I can usually start a conversation with them before I start to sweat and have any confidence suddenly elude me, then I have to politely excuse myself.

    Stinky feels that women's standards are too high when it comes to dating, however, I beg to differ. I really don't believe for a minute the women suggesting that he  have a shower before picking her up is classified as “high standard”. Stinky  may be the smelliest guy I know, but he is  one of the nicest (nicest not brightest). However, he does sometimes on occasion come up with pretty off the wall idea's that make a lot of sense, but I'm not sure about this one. “We will join a Dating Site” he cried out. I said before sometimes he comes up with smart idea's but this wasn't one of those times. He proceeded to inform me that a friend at work gave him the idea(some friend). “Is this the same friend that leaves deodorant and body wash on your desk?” I asked. “It sure is! He's a very thoughtful person,” (ya right). Stinky said “My friend met a wonderful women on a dating site,” (what women?? the guy he's talking about  is a homosexual.) “Why would your homosexual friend use a dating site to meet women?” I asked, “I think your getting in over your head”. In the end, and after weeks of dodging  Stinky and his not so bright idea, I finally decided to give in just to make him happy.

        As I tried to sleep that night, all I could think about was the last date I had, which had not ended under the best of circumstances. I’m sure the woman I'll call “hungry”, hadn’t eaten in a week  prior to our date and she must have thought I owned an oil well or something! After she had gobbled up several hors d'œuvres, as well as several other side dishes, expensive wine and a double order of lobster, I checked the balance on my Visa card, then to my horror she suggested  we order desert! “Desert!?” I quickly reminded her that this was not an all you can eat dinner, she then  jumped up called me things I've never heard before and stormed to the door. Like the desperate person I am, I ran after her and asked if she would like to see me again, at which time she slugged me with her hand bag (I guess that meant no!). So I went back to the table and sat alone looking at the bill she had run up and wondered if I would be able to get lots of overtime at work next week to pay for it.

        I started to have second thoughts about joining a dating site, but since my best friend had his heart set on it (and knowing he would do anything for me), I decided to go through with it. It turned out to be the best move that we had ever made. Stinky and I both joined a Dating Site, and it wasn’t long before we had  responses from some beautiful ladies. We were both very scared and excited to think that we might no longer have to prop up blowup dolls on our couches so the neighbors would see the silhouette and think we actually had lives. Stinky asked me “what should I do to get ready?”I said “just get in the shower, turn that water on, use that bar of soap (you can't take it with you) and scrub your worries  down the drain”, (as well as the dirt and body odor of course).We double dated that evening to support each other, and we had a mind blowing time. We ate, had some drinks, and danced the night away. Stinky took me aside and confided in me, that even though he had just met this women, he knew this was the one. I gave him a bear hug, and said “follow your heart,” and he did. She seemed to take to him as well, surprisingly!

         Well I don't call him Stinky anymore, (no one does now that he has learned  basic  hygiene). He is above all, my best friend. Devon is still with that wonderful women he met on that dating site. This was eight years ago and after dating for some time, they took the plunge. They had one child and are expecting another any time now. As for me, it took a little longer, but I finally found the love of my life, and we are expecting our first child soon. Life is great and it keeps getting better!

       Its true what they say, there's someone for everyone. You just have to look in the right place. Some times it just takes someone who cares about you to push you in the right direction . Life is too short and precious to spend it alone, wondering what it would be like to have someone to share it with. So if you want to turn around your life then take my advice, and get off your butt and make the first move.

    Hey, if Stinky and I can do it, so can you! There are so many dating sites out there it is easy to get lost, or waste you time on insignificant ones, but I'll give you a tip, this is the site that me and Stinky used to find the best sites for us and in our opinion its the best place to find dating sites. So if you are tired of being alone and want someone to be with for the rest of your life well just follow this link, it will be the best move you ever make.

Online Personals

No comments:

Post a Comment